Anna's Adoption

We adopted our daughter in August 2005. Take a peek at the process!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Splish Splash! Anna's Takin' a Bath!

Anna did great in the bathtub from day one. I know a few in our group had some issues for the first few days, but after that all the babies were lovin' the water! People talked about bringing a blow up bath tub to make things easier, but no one in our group used one. It seems like a lot to bring, dry, and repack. If they are scared, I'd jump in there with them. We brought some toys from home, but she was more into the bubbles I would blow with soap on the washcloth.
Someone in our group mentioned that they bathed their baby in the sink. I tried this once, and as you can see, Anna loved it. She loved it so much that we did not do it again because it was so messy! She splashed and water was over the counter, floor, our toiletries, etc by the time we were done. But she had a ball! This may be a good option is your baby is not keen on the bath tub.
Before I forget, you may want to bring something for motion sickness. I have never had much of a problem with this, but for some reason China did me in. Riding on the bus, looking at Anna rather than out the window, and the constant smell of diesel had me feeling sick. Our guide was able to get some medication for me, but non-drowsy did not translate very well! This medication made me so tired that I chose to be nauseated rather than knocked out. Just a little something to think about!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home