Anna's Adoption

We adopted our daughter in August 2005. Take a peek at the process!

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Never Fear - There is Always Walmart!

When we were packing, I was so worried about forgetting something that would make our trip miserable. Well, despite printing off every packing list on APC, DTC yahoo groups, etc., I forgot things. We got to China and realized there were things that we needed. So we went to Walmart! I really liked the place! Some people shun the store, saying it's not the "true cultural experience". Well, the place was always packed so we had quite the cultural experience. Just walking up and down the aisles and seeing the foods they sell is an experience itself! I was able to snap some pics and was later told "NO PICTURE!"

Nanning, Guangxi

The meat department

Isn't he great? They sell so many foods that we have never heard of!

Walmart is two stories with an escalator to go up and down.


What amazed me the most is how picky we are as Americans. Walmart sells it all - I'm talking aisle freezers of bulk meat parts. Take the tongs and get ears, feet, etc. There is no waste which I don't think is a bad thing. I'm a "no white meat? Ok than I'll have something else" kind of girl. Not something to be proud of!

On a more important note, you can get all sorts of baby things here. They sell formula, baby food, cereal, and juice. I would recommend bringing Cheerios or those Gerber rice puff things. We did not see those in China, and the kids loved them. If you bring the whole Gerber canister, it also serves as a neat shake toy. Anything to keep them happy on a 15 hour flight home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home