Anna's Adoption

We adopted our daughter in August 2005. Take a peek at the process!

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Gettin' Around Town

The other thing we talked about often on our DTC group was how to carry our babies. Most people in our group rented strollers. A few had front carriers and wraps. I think the time of year you travel plays a part as well. We traveled in August and it was so hot. We were all happier with some space. Ummm . . . I also have no idea why this is underlined.

We brought a Hip Hammock that I won on Ebay. I hate paying full price for something that I don't know if I'll like, baby will like, etc. As you can see, Anna had no problem getting comfortable. My hubby, on the other hand, was so hot. You can see that his shirt is all wet and sweaty. Sorry. I know it's gross. We did not use it much after our first few days.


We finally sucked it up and rented a stroller for five dollars from the hotel. They were really nice - most had shades. We took this out to go shopping and walking around town. Much more comfortable for all than the hip hammock. She could see better and use her hands to eat, drink, etc.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:10 PM, Blogger Eliza2006 said…

    Great information!!! Thanks for sharing!

    Tiffany

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger henna's hearsay said…

    And it was that hot in May? Maybe I'll hope that my referral is delayed a bit more so I don't travel in August!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home