Anna's Adoption

We adopted our daughter in August 2005. Take a peek at the process!

Monday, October 23, 2006

How You Can Help


I love ways that I can continue to help the children who are waiting in China, especially those who are from Anna's SWI. Anna spent her first year in the Guigang SWI in Guangxi, and they took excellent care of her. I've always wanted to find a way to thank them, and I think I may have found the answer!

  • The LOOK Project mission is "to assist in providing older children growing up in Chinese orphanages (SWIs) with the health, skills and knowledge they will need to eventually function as independent, productive, and healthy adults when they leave the SWI. The LOOK Project provides support in three broad areas:
  • - Medical/Physical Needs
  • - Educational/Training Needs
  • - Social/Emotional Needs

  • Anna's SWI Director sent the LOOK Project a needs list, and I was happy to donate some money. I love knowing that it will go directly to Guigang! There are other SWIs that they are helping as well.

    In addition to money, this project (run by CCAI which is well known) needs volunteers for all sorts of things. I'm hoping to get involved in their care package projects.

    During the adoption process, the hardest thing for me to do was wait. I wanted to stay busy, and I wanted to stay involved in the lives of Chinese orphans. Maybe you do as well. Take a peek. You could make such an amazing difference!

    1 Comments:

    • At 8:45 PM, Blogger Donna said…

      I just sent a box full of new undies for the bigger girls and boys. It feels good to be able to help even in non-glamorous ways (like sending underwear!).

      Our 2nd daughter is a Guangxi girl.


      Donna
      Double Happiness!

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home